Modern American Recycling Services, Inc. (M.A.R.S., Inc.) was established by Mr. “Butch” Dwight Caton in 1971, since then he has developed his company into a 51 million dollar per year company. M.A.R.S., Inc. is the largest barge dismantler in the United States. Since 2001 they have scrapped on average 1200 to 1500 barges per year.
With over 40 years of experience in the scrap recycling industry, we have processed approximately 40 ships, 100 small boats, 10,000 barges, 20 drilling rigs, and over 800 platforms and jackets.
- has 2 Locations to serve its customers with all of their recycling needs.
- has the equipment to get the job done in a timely manner. Check out our Volvo success story!
- produces 15,000 to 20,000 tons of P&S steel per month
- recycles concrete in the New Orleans area
- has the experience and knowledge to meet all of your recycling needs when it comes to Ferrous & Non Ferrous Metals, and concrete.
- prides itself on having no environmental issues as to date.
- has its own Safety & Environmental Affairs Director
- is a major Demolition Contractor and Disaster Relief First Responder, M.A.R.S., Inc. has worked with government contracts since 1985
- is rated by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America