Modern American Recycling Services of Alabama, LLC (M.A.R.S) is our Deepwater facility. We handle ships, offshore rigs, drilling rigs and take care of barge dismantling and are a major commercial ship recycling facility.
This facility has been consistently recognized by the Shipbuilder’s Council of America as one of the safest shipyards in the United States. With more than 4,400 feet of water frontage along the Mobile River and a channel maintained to a 44-foot depth, the facility has a Panamax Floating Dry Dock with a 22,000 ton capacity, in addition to moorage for vessels up to 1,000 feet (304.8 m).
- Access: 26 nautical miles to open sea
- Total Area: 53 acres (21 ha)
- Water Frontage: 4,400 ft. (1,341 m)
- Water Depth: Channel maintained to 44 ft. (13.4 m)
- Vertical Height Restrictions: None
- Fabrication Area:
- Covered 100,000 sq. ft. (9,290 m2)
- Outside 300,000 sq. ft. (27,871 m2)
- Warehouse Area: Covered 50,000 sq. ft. (4,645 m2)
M.A.R.S of Alabama, formerly World Marine of Alabama, maintains an ISO 9001:2008 accredited Quality Management System. We have an exemplary safety performance record, available upon request.
601 South Royal Street
Mobile AL 36603